The guidance on using this spreadsheet is about the same with car rental reservation spreadsheet, where I re-type it as follows :
1. Go to availability worksheet and put your room type and number in the corresponding column. There are samples there that you can modify. You can continue the number by putting your room information and the reservation column will be revealed automatically.
2. Put your start date reference. This start date is used for the scroll bar as its scroll start date.
3. There are two dates next to the Hotel Availability Table title to help you monitor the reservation window.
4. All reservation information in that window will be differentiated by the color. The blue color means that the room is available on that date, red color means that the room is reserved, and yellow color means the room is double booked, so you have to adjust the reservation.
5. Once you see that the room is available on customer requested date, go to Room Reservation worksheet to fill your customer information.